The Friends of the Newark Free Library is a non-profit organization that provides volunteer and financial support to the Newark Free Library to enhance its ability to serve our community.
- Contributing over $5,000 annually for music and cultural programs, including high-quality performances that many people would otherwise not have the opportunity to attend.
- Securing grants for the Reading House in the Children’s Room and to launch the Library of Things
- During COVID, donating $10,000 for the purchase of e-books
- Purchasing equipment and technology such as an educational computer for the Children’s Room; Zoom licensing and equipment used during the pandemic; and a video camera and editing software for staff to use to create promotional and instructional videos.
- Distributing 2,000 gently used children’s books to local child care centers
- Contributing funds for children’s and teen programs and summer reading incentives annually